Back in LA there weren’t “Lakers Bars.” EVERY bar was a Lakers Bar!!! I realized when I moved to San Francisco I would have to watch most of the games at home, strictly for safety purposes. Then pre-season rolled around and Lakers games were no where to be found on my cable box. I thought, “Oh, no worries! it’s pre-season! Once the big games start up we will start seeing them on our basic cable channels.” Well, we’re five games in now and only TWO have been watchable from my cable box!!!!!!! I know! It’s asinine!
So I have started my quest to find a bar that will offer me 2 basic needs:
1. At least one TV viewing the Lakers game
2. Friendly patrons that wont throw food at us for requesting need #1
The following are wants, therefore are not necessary
1. Other Lakers fans to enjoy the game with (I know this one will be tough, but I think it’s possible)
2. Hamburgers and fries
3. Good (preferably inexpensive) beer on tap
4. As close to the Outer Richmond as possible (again, not necessary)
Is this only possible in my dreams? I don’t think so! I’m on a mission, and tomorrow is attempt #2! Attempt #1 occurred at Hockey Haven in the Outer Richmond. It was an OK experience, but I think I can find better! (Check out more in my Yelp review here).
Wish me luck on my journey and GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!